About This Course
This course is free for members of the Administrators in Graduate Professional Student Services KC. For more information about pricing (and how to make sure you're getting the appropriate discount), please read below the course description.
Graduate students need leadership development programs tailored to their specialized training and career opportunities, but fewer models exist for this population than for their undergraduate counterparts. This session will feature Duke University Graduate School’s Emerging Leaders Institute as a case study.
Because of their specialized training and credentials, graduate students are likely to encounter leadership opportunities early in their professional careers. They need leadership development programs tailored to their specialized training and career opportunities, but fewer models exist for this population than for their undergraduate counterparts. This session will feature Duke University Graduate School’s Emerging Leaders Institute as a case study. The presentation will include the rationale behind the program design, an overview of the program structure and activities, and program outcomes data from the first four years.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- list competencies that researchers have found graduate students lack;
- give examples of activities that might support graduate students in developing these competencies;
- identify an assessment technique for evaluating competency development over time; and
- summarize ways that program participants might sustain engagement after a leadership program concludes.
Knowledge Community Pricing
Members of the Administrators in Graduate Professional Student Services KC will be able to register for this course for free through January 14, 2018. Once you register, you will always have access to the content.
To ensure that you receive the appropriate pricing for the course, you must be a member of NASPA, and also a member of one of the Administrators in Graduate Professional Student Services KC. You will see the correct price in your cart once you click on "Take this Course."
If the price does not come up as free for you, please take the following steps:
- DO NOT complete your registration. We will not issue refunds once you have completed the purchase of the course.
- Login to naspa.org by clicking the blue "Login" button in the center of the page.
- Scroll until you see the grey sidebar on the right hand side of the screen and the link to "View My Personal Snapshot."
- Confirm that your membership is still active (there will be a link to join or renew if it is not).
- Click on "Edit My Profile" and scroll down the page until you get to "NASPA Engagement Details."
- You will see the KCs that you are currently a member of; if your membership to the Administrators in Graduate Professional Student Services KC is not listed, please add it.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Accessing the Presentation
Once you complete your registration, you will be able to access the course by clicking on the "Login" button at the top of this page (or any page on olc.naspa.org).
You will be asked to login with your NASPA user name and password. Once you have done so, you will hit continue and be redirected to your dashboard in the Online Learning Community.
You will find the session listed under "Enrolled."
Live session access information will be listed before the session has aired.
All sessions are recorded. Once the session is over, the recording will be available approximately one week after the air date. You may view the materials as many times as you'd like, at whatever pace you would like.
If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact Jace Kirschner (firstname.lastname@example.org).